You can create a direct and private connection between your Cyxtera infrastructure and the Microsoft Azure public cloud.
The service works with an Azure ExpressRoute circuit.
To connect a virtual network to Microsoft Azure, follow these steps:
- Before you can connect your Cyxtera infrastructure to Azure, you need to create an ExpressRoute circuit. You create it in the Azure portal. Use these configuration options:
Create new or import from classic
Choose a location in the geographic region where you want to receive traffic
Choose the appropriate SKU for your use case
Choose your preferred billing model
Allow classic operations
- After you’ve created your ExpressRoute circuit, navigate to it in the Azure portal. Find the service key, and copy it. The service key uniquely identifies this ExpressRoute circuit, which we will use to make the connection from our side.
- Sign in to the Cyxtera portal.
- On the navbar on the left, click Digital Exchange.
- Choose one of your locations, shown at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down the screen to find the Connections section. Here you can see your Digital Cross Connects, Cloud On-Ramp Connections, and Metro-to-Metro Connections.
- Click Order Connection on the right.
- From the Create New Connection screen, choose Microsoft Azure.
- Enter a name for this connection.
- Choose a virtual network to connect to Microsoft Azure. If you want to use an existing virtual network, choose it from the VLAN menu.
- Alternatively, you can create a new virtual network by clicking Create New. Enter a name and VLAN number, and click Create Network.
- Enter the ExpressRoute service key for the Azure ExpressRoute circuit you want to connect to. Click Continue With Service Key.
- On the right, you’ll see a summary of your order. Click Checkout and submit the order.
- You’ll see a confirmation that your order is being provisioned. You can see the connection by going to the Digital Exchange and choosing your connected location. In the Connections section, click Cloud On-Ramps.
Updated 3 months ago