You can create a direct and private connection between your Cyxtera infrastructure and Google's public cloud. The process below will walk you through creating your connection, from Digital Exchange to a Google Cloud Partner Interconnect.
To connect to Google Cloud, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Command Center.
- On the navbar on the left, select Infrastructure.
- Choose one of your locations, shown at the top of the screen.
- Select New Order in the top right.
- Select Connection from the product listing.
- In the Cloud Providers section, choose Google Cloud.
- Select the destination, which is the Google Cloud region you want to connect to.
- Choose the bandwidth you require. When you change the bandwidth, you’ll see the price for this service change in the Order Summary in the top right.
Before you can connect your Cyxtera infrastructure to Google Cloud, you need to create a Partner Interconnect. You can create one in the Google Cloud portal. Use the configuration options shown when you select "View Manual Set Up Steps" in the Configure Connection section. Google has published instructions for creating a Partner Interconnect.
After you’ve created your Partner Interconnect, navigate to it and copy the pairing key for it. The pairing key uniquely identifies this Partner Interconnect circuit, which we will use to make the connection from our side.
Set up your connection in the Configure Connection section:
a. Enter a name for this connection. It’s used to refer to this connection within the Cyxtera interface.
b. Enter your Partner Interconnect pairing key. When you have entered the pairing key, click the Verify Pairing Key button to check it works.
- Choose a virtual network to connect to Azure. If you want to use an existing virtual network, choose it from the Virtual Network menu. Otherwise, you can create a new virtual network from the page by selecting Create New.
- On the right, you’ll see a summary of your order. Select Checkout to finalize the order.
- You’ll see a confirmation that your order is being provisioned. You can see the connection by going to the Digital Exchange and choosing your connected location. The new Cloud Connect will be visible in the Connections section.
Updated 6 months ago