Shipment requests enable us to manage inbound and outbound shipments to the data center on your behalf. After submitting a shipment request, you can view the status and update the request with relevant information.
You can also create a related Remote Hands ticket, e.g. to ask us to get your package ready to send, or get an inbound shipment to your data center space. This significantly increases the activities you can perform in your data center space without needing to be physically present.
To find out how to raise an inbound or outbound shipping request, please read the Create a Shipment Request article.
All the shipments for your data center can be accessed in a single location, accessed from the data center dashboard.
- Choose the appropriate data center or space (colocation infrastructure) on the Overview page.
- Select the Shipments tab.
- Then click on the line item to go to the shipment detail page.
You can also get to shipments in these ways:
- Recently created Tickets are available on your Overview page. Scroll down to the Tickets section and click on the appropriate line item.
- Shipments with overdue actions are listed in the Shipments Requiring Attention section.
- Inbound shipments with recent activity will generate an Inbound Shipment notification email. Click on the link in the email to go straight to the request.
From the shipment page you can:
- Add a Remote Hands request to ask us to perform a task related to the shipment, if you didn’t already do this as part of the shipment request.
- Add or change shipment tracking information.
- Upload a related document or file, e.g. an invoice or user guide.
- Message the Cyxtera data center team about the shipment, for example with specific instructions about the shipment.
- Click on the Create Remote Hands button.
- Complete the Create Ticket form to log a Remote Hands ticket. Make sure you choose the correct Work Type in section 3:
- If you simply want to move your shipment to your environment, select Shipment-Related.
- If you require hardware changes or installation, choose Hardware Install.
- The Remote Hands ticket number will replace the ‘No Tickets Created’ message.
Learn more about Creating a Remote Hands Ticket from a shipment.
- Scroll down to the Tracking Numbers box.
- Add or correct the reference number.
- Click Save Changes.
- Scroll to the Attachments box.
- Click Upload a File to add a file from your computer, or drag the file into the boxed area.
- Attachments will display above the upload box.
- Type your message into the messaging box.
- Click the Send button.
Updated 10 months ago
Next, notify data centers of incoming or outgoing data centers via a shipment notification request.