One way to think about interconnected data centers is to use a shopping mall example. In a shopping mall, sellers —or storefronts— colocate together. The network effect of having many storefronts next to each other helps drive demand for customers to visit —or in the case of the data center, to deploy into the data center. As service providers (the supply side of the marketplace) deploy into a data center, the value of being in that data center becomes exponentially more valuable. In a data center, the supply side is made up of service providers: network providers, cloud providers, storage providers, etc.
Cyxtera’s marketplace is an online directory of providers available through Cyxtera’s data centers. The marketplace can be a powerful tool for attracting both supply and demand to Cyxtera’s data centers.
- Online directory of providers
- Self-service storefront creation for providers
- Configuration Library
- Latency to public cloud ramps and other strategic destinations
- Click through for interconnection through CXDCXD - Our platform that delivers the industry’s only programmable, software-defined intra-data center network. This scalable fabric enables customers to seamlessly extend existing VLANs to connect within our facilities, across a metro region, to cloud on-ramps, and our ecosystem of providers. It is also how we can provision and connect dedicated infrastructure on-demand, from cabinets to bare metal servers and HCI nodes, all pre-configured, easy to deploy and scale via the CXD Command Center or our API. and Cross Connects
- A-to-Z Connectivity
- Exact end-to-end latency from CXDCXD - Our platform that delivers the industry’s only programmable, software-defined intra-data center network. This scalable fabric enables customers to seamlessly extend existing VLANs to connect within our facilities, across a metro region, to cloud on-ramps, and our ecosystem of providers. It is also how we can provision and connect dedicated infrastructure on-demand, from cabinets to bare metal servers and HCI nodes, all pre-configured, easy to deploy and scale via the CXD Command Center or our API. nodes to public cloud availability zones
- Total cost of ownership estimation tool
- Riser Connect Ecosystem
- View a metro’s ecosystem of providers all in one place, including what carrier are available in a data center
- Understand what a provider’s value prop is, where to connect, and why you would interconnect
- Demonstrates which cloud connectivity options are low latency
- Understand how different provider services work together to create a solution in the Configuration Library
- Market their services to the Cyxtera ecosystem
- Understand where their are gaps in service and where they should create a Point-of-Presence
- Offset the cost of deploying into a Cyxtera data center with the marketing available through our marketplace enablement program
- Sales can point prospects to the marketplace to help show the value of the Cyxtera ecosystem. Most of the marketplace is accessible through a public URL: https://marketplace.cyxtera.com
- An one-on-one demo can also be scheduled between product, sales, and a prospect
Needing carrier connectivity:
- Companies can research network provider connectivity through the marketplace by navigating to a metro area or viewing the PoP list
Deploying hybrid cloud:
- Companies can research what network providers connect to the cloud through the marketplace
Customers, and providers/partners currently doing business with Cyxtera customers.
A current customer can join the marketplace through our self-service storefront creation tool available in the portal. For providers/partners representing current customers, they must be manually on-boarded from our product team.
Schedule a demo with your sales engineer.
Cyxtera’s first marketplace, was a web page on our marketing site. It served as a placeholder until we could launch an interactive marketplace. The new, next gen marketplace will officially launch at CyxteraCon 2020.
For marketplace on boarding, a customer contact with a director level title or above needs to give Cyxtera authorization and release to use their logo. After signing, please send to [email protected]
Updated over 1 year ago
See Our Roadmap