Megaport is a network-as-a-service fabric focused on enabling business with private data center to data center connectivity as well as cloud connectivity.
High-level use cases:
- Connect two or more Cyxtera data centers together
- Connect a Cyxtera data center to any other third party data center where Megaport has a Point-of-Presence
- Connect your Cyxtera data center infrastructure to the cloud
We see customers using Megaport for multiple reasons:
Predictable and Flexible Billing
Megaport offers 1G or 10G ports on their fabric, called Megaports. Ports have a one-to-many relationship, meaning a user can use a single port for multiple services or to connect to multiple providers from the same port. For example, a user could use a single 10G port to connect to two or more different public cloud providers. Megaport calls these connections virtual cross connects. Users can run these "VXC's" are different bandwidth rates so long as the total bandwidth doesn't exceed the port's bandwidth. Users can also change the bandwidth rates at any point within the month pay for the increased speed only as they use it. For more information on Megaport's pricing, see their calculator here: https://pricing.megaport.com.
Low-Latency Transport from Cyxtera Data Centers
- Sign up for Megaport and setup your company profile (https://portal.megaport.com)
- Choose your Cyxtera data center within the Megaport portal
- Once the port is created, submit a cross connect through the Cyxtera portal to Megaport
- When the cross connect is installed you can start using your Megaport service
Find Megaport PoPs in the Cyxtera Marketplace
Visit Megaport's listing on the Cyxtera Marketplace to discover points of presence near your colo resources.
Updated 7 months ago